How to find out what’s my Service Pack version?
- Press right click on "My Computer"
- Select "Properties"
- In the window that appears, you’ll see information about your system (including Service Pack version)
How to install Service Pack 3 for Windows XP?Windows XP SP3 can be installed just like most Windows programs, but still, there are some nuances. To avoid problems, follow the following instructions:
- Restart your computer (this is necessary so that the OS will restart necessary processes and services)
- Log on as an administrator
- Make a backup copy of important data
- If you are using a laptop, make sure it is connected to a power source
- Download and run the installer WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe
- Wait until installer extracts files (this process may take several minutes)
- Follow the installer wizard
- Restart your computer
After Service Pack 3 installation is complete, it is possible that the operating system will notify you about new updates — you should install them. Also, it is recommended to check and update other software and drivers.