List of old features that are not supported in the new Skype
Perhaps I forgot to add something, or vice versa, mistakenly added a supported feature in this list. Therefore, I will be happy if you tell me where I made mistakes and how to improve the material. Also, don’t forget to “vote” for your favorite features – it's very interesting to know how critical their absence is for you.
The answers to frequently asked questions are listed below.
How to request a feature in the new Skype?Unfortunately, developers can not read the thoughts of users and for this reason, the necessary features are not implemented for a long time. It is known that the more users are informed about a certain feature, the faster it will be added to Skype. Therefore, I recommend always telling them about the functions that you need, as follows:
- Open Skype and click on your avatar in the upper left corner.
- Scroll down, click on "Help and Feedback", and then on "Send Feedback".
- Now a window appears where you can write what you are missing in the new Skype.
How to run more than one account at a time?Use the following instructions:
How to change the font sizeTo increase the font size, press the key combination: Ctrl+Shift+= (in fact, this is Ctrl++). To reduce the size, use: Ctrl+-. Note that the font size changes for the entire interface, and not just for chat messages, as it was done in the classic Skype. Learn more about Skype shortcuts in the new version.
How to open settings in the new Skype?Click on your avatar (I recommend this method, because using it you can find all available settings, including language, themes, subscriptions, calls, account, etc.):
Use the Ctrl+, hotkey or click on the menu symbol, that is, the icon consisting of three points (this variant offers fewer options, but faster access to the basic settings):
How to search for messages in the current chat?In the new Skype developers significantly changed the search feature, and some users thought that they lost the ability to search for messages in the current chat, as it was in the good old days. In fact, the feature has remained, although hotkey was changed to Ctrl+Shift+S.
Also you can search for messages in this way:
- While you are in the right chat, press the key combination Ctrl+F
- In the sidebar on the left, click on the “Messages” tab
- Enter your search query
- When the search results appear, click “Current”
- Click on the message found in order to go to the chat
How to share your screen?After the interlocutor answered the call (this is very important), click on the plus sign and select “Share screen”.
How to install the new Skype on Windows 10?When a user tries to install a new Skype on Windows 10, the system redirects him to the Microsoft Store in order to install Skype for UWP. To prevent this and install the new Skype on Windows 10 in spite of restrictions, you need to use a small trick to “cheat” the installer, as if we have another OS:
- Download Skype for Windows
- Right-click on the Skype installer
- Select “Properties”
- Go to the “Compatibility” tab
- Check the option “Run the program in compatibility mode”
- Select the option “Windows 8” and click “OK”
- Start the Skype installer and follow the installation instructions.
How to enable automatic login?Open “Application Settings” (for example, by pressing Ctrl+,), scroll down to “Start-up and close” and enable the option “Automatically start Skype”.
How to enable the translator in the new Skype?
- Right-click on the desired contact and select “View Profile”.
- Click on the option “Start translator”
- As a result, a group chat will be created, in which messages and calls will be automatically translated.
That's all! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask them in the comments.