Internet Explorer 8 is not compatible with your system.
How to install Internet Explorer 8?
- First, make sure that you have installed Service Pack 3. If not, first of all you must upgrade to Windows XP SP3.
- Download installer IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.exe — this is official English installer of Internet Explorer 8. Then, run the installer by double-clicking on it.
- The first thing you need to configure is to agree if we want to help improve the Internet Explorer, or don't want to participate in this program. This does not affect the progress of the installation, so choose at your own discretion.
- After that, be sure to tick the option "Install Updates". This is necessary in order to install Windows and Internet Explorer updates, as well as the Malicious Software Removal Tool which increase the protection against computer security threats. Malicious Software Removal Tool will be launched during installation to detect and remove known malware.
- During the installation of the main components of Windows Internet Explorer, your computer will be scanned against malware, as well as install Internet Explorer 8 and Windows updates. At the end of this process, you will receive a message that Internet Explorer installation is complete and you need to restart your computer.
- As Internet Explorer will update files that may be used at the moment, you must restart the computer after the installation is complete. This ensures the correct update of all the files and complete the installation of the IE8. To do this, click the "Restart Now".