The person you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please leave your message after the beep.
What else is known about this error:
- Occurs when using a proxy.
- Arises due to some anti-virus programs.
- Sometimes can be fixed by disabling Skype Translator.
- If using the same account on multiple devices, the call goes to non-Windows devices.
Number of users confirming this error: ???
As I understand it, even if the error does not affect all users, many already faced with it, and most likely the problem is global in scale. But while the developers have not released a patch, I suggest you a temporary solution on how to fix this error.
How to fix the problem?First you need to determine on which side the error occurs. To do this, both of you should try to make a test call — who does not hear the voice of the robot, then he should follow the instructions listed below (although not exclude that both can experience problems).
SolutionThe problem may be solved in some ways:
- The first is the easiest: close Skype, click right click on the Skype shortcut, choose "Properties", go to the "Compatibility" tab, put a check in front of the option "Run this program in compatibility mode" select «Windows XP (SP3)», click "OK" and run Skype. It should be noted that in this case, the program may become unstable. This method suggested the blog reader ZumZum (and though he had another error associated with the sound during the screen demonstration, this method certainly works).
- The second, more radical way: you should to remove Skype and install the 220.127.116.11 version. I found this solution myself, so to speak, method of spear (though it was not difficult because I already knew that the 7.18 version does not work properly).
- If the previous suggestions do not help, and you have installed the Avast antivirus, try temporarily to disable it. If you use proxy, try direct connections.
- And the last one to try, open Skype → Tools → Options → Skype Translator, uncheck the «Enable Skype Translator» option and click «Save».
If this guide has helped you, please leave a comment which method fixed your problem and provide some information about your system.