SolutionTo resolve this issue and resume the Skype operability, you should turn off the blocking of cookie files in Internet Explorer. Do it as follows:
- Close Skype
- Run Internet Explorer
- Open the menu “Tools” (in newer versions of IE, the gear icon)
- Select “Browser Properties” (in older versions of IE, “Internet Options”)
- Open the tab “Privacy” and click “Advanced”
- Put boxes next to the following options:
- Accept “First-party cookies”
- Enable “Third-party cookie files”
- Always allow session cookies
- Close Internet Explorer and run Skype
What to do if the problem is not solved?If the above instructions haven’t helped to solve the problem of cookie files when logging into Skype, try to reset Internet Explorer settings.
As always, I wait for your feedback and questions in the comments (of course, if something doesn’t work, specify your operating system and Internet Explorer version).