- If you have Windows XP, first of all enable AES-256 for Windows XP. As a rule, it should fix the error.
- Press right click on the file and select “Run as administrator”
- As a result, you will get two (on Windows XP) or three (other operating systems) notifications of successful completion of DLLRegisterServer. If an error “Unable to find the specified module” appears, copy the text of the error by pressing Ctrl+C and write in the comments.
- After the script completes its work, a notepad with the report will open (don’t close it)
- Reset Internet Explore settings
- Start Internet Explorer (
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe)
- Open the menu “Tools” (in newer versions of IE, the gear icon)
- Select “Browser options” (in older versions of IE, “Internet options”)
- Open the “Security” tab, click “Select the default security level for all zones” and click “Apply”
- In the same tab, click ”Other” (referring to the level of security)
- Find “Scripting” and make sure that it is set to “Enabled” for the “Active scripting” option (if not, put the check mark)
- Press “OK” (to close the “Security Settings”)
- Click “OK” again (to close the “Internet Options”)
- Then close Internet Explorer
- Start Skype
P.P.S. If as a result the error was not corrected, copy the report from the notepad (step 4) and place it in the comments. Also, using Internet Explorer check access to Skype and provide the URL of the report.