Method 1: Fast
- At first, close the Skype (though it is unlikely that you have it running, but it is important to make sure that Skype is not running).
- Then, download the dxva2.dll library. I took this file from the system folder of the original version of Windows, and you can confirm this by checking the digital signature of the file.
- Next, you need to copy downloaded file dxva2.dll into the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
- Now launch the Skype. If the error appears again, copy the file dxva2.dll into C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone folder and start Skype.
Method 2: Correct
- In fairness it should be noted that a proper solution for fixing this error is to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 from the official site of Microsoft. This does not mean that the first method will not work. Conversely, it will also successfully fix the error. However, during installation of the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 will be created not only the «dxva2.dll» library, but also other necessary components.
That’s all. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. By the way, this guide fix the error "Failed to load library «dxva2.dll»" not only for Skype, but also for other applications which requires the DXVA 2.0 library.